|“||I've a good nose for machinations. I can flare the scent at a mile. You can't hide from the Guard.||”|
–Geoffrey McCullum to Jonathan E. Reid
|Hair color||Dark brown|
Geoffrey McCullum is a vampire hunter in the Guard of Priwen.
Geoffrey is a tall man with dark brown hair and blue eyes. His skin is a pale pink color when human and turns a pale white as an Ekon with visible veins. His hair is styled in an undercut in a similar fashion to Jonathan Reid. His beard is trimmed to a short stubble. There is light scarring visible on his face.
He wears a long dark blue coat that reaches down to his mid-shin. The bottom hem is torn. The lapel is hemmed with a dark greyish-red color that matches his cuffs and buttons. The coat has two buttons and a breast pocket on each side of the chest.
He wears a dark grey button up shirt with the top button undone and the bottom hem tucked into his pants. The shirt is a solid grey color that shows visible signs of wear. The button are a shiny grey color.
He wears dark blue-grey pinstriped dress pants, held up at his mid-hip with a simple brown leather belt with a metal belt buckle. His shoes appear to be closed-toe black leather boots.
His neck is covered with a dark red scarf, the front of which tucks beneath his shirt. His shirt collar is popped and the scarf wraps around it before tucking inside.
When fighting, he has a small crossbow mounted on his left forearm. His preferred weapon seems to be a large sword.
Geoffrey McCullum lived in Dublin with his parents and at least one brother, Ian. During his youth, his father was turned into a vampire while away from home; he returned to Dublin and tore out his wife's throat. Carl Eldritch, a vampire hunter in the Guard of Priwen, killed Geoffrey's father in front of him. Eldritch took Geoffrey in, raising him to become a vampire hunter. With Eldritch's help, Geoffrey hunted down his brother Ian, who had also become a vampire. Geoffrey later became Carl's successor and the leader of the Guard of Priwen, mercilessly hunting down any vampire he came across. His obsessive and ruthless approach earned him a reputation as a fanatic.
Events of Vampyr
Hearing of the chaos at Pembroke Hospital, McCullum goes to investigate possible vampire activity. He is in the middle of questioning Dr. Swansea when Dr. Jonathan Reid comes into the office. McCullum immediately recognizes Reid as a vampire and accuses Dr. Swansea of willingly placing his hospital in danger. Dr Swansea admonishes him and tells him to return to his hunt. Before leaving, McCullum warns Reid that he cannot hide from the Guard. Dr. Swansea reminds them that the hospital is neutral territory and blood cannot be spilled there. McCullum begrudgingly walks away from Reid.
In response to the growing Skal epidemic, McCullum spreads Priwen patrols across the city. His guard tracks down the root of the infection in West End, at Doris Fletcher's acting school. He and the Guard arrive just after Reid kills an infected and mutated Fletcher. McCullum finds it curious that he meets Reid at the source of the infection, and assures Reid that they'd be having a little chat once he solves the mystery of the citywide Skal epidemic. For the time being, McCullum allows Reid to escape the theater, giving no promises to spare him the next time Jonathan encounters the Guard.
And By The Sword You Die
In his own investigation, McCullum came to the conclusion that it was Dr. Swansea and Jonathan Reid who created the epidemic, assuming they were trying to bring about another Disaster, as William Marshal once did. Ignoring the truce of peace between the Guard and the Pembroke Hospital, McCullum and other Priwen hunters stormed the hospital and abducted Dr. Swansea, leaving their mark on his office wall. They take Dr. Swansea to their base at the Doris Fletcher acting school, while McCullum remains at the hospital. Dr. Reid, alerted to the Guards' invasion by Old Bridget, rushes to the hospital and follows a trail of blood to a chamber where McCullum is waiting for him. McCullum uses the system of ultraviolet curtains and Orichalcum powder that Dr. Swansea had installed, to weaken Reid as he confronts him with his accusation that he and Dr. Swansea started the Skal epidemic. He claims to have found proof in the theater that Doris Fletcher was their first experiment. Even as Reid denies knowing anything, McCullum demands to know where William Marshal is, but when Reid remains unyielding, McCullum decides to engage him in combat. Before doing so, he drinks what he claims is King Arthur's blood from a flask.
Despite McCullum using the ultraviolet light to weaken him, Reid emerges victorious in the fight. McCullum finally collapses before Reid, yet still proclaims that the Guard of Priwen shall prevail. When Reid realizes that McCullum will not aid him, and will continue the hunt against him, McCullum commands that Reid simply kill him, as there is no use in trying to sway his mind. Reid approaches McCullum, telling him he is mistaken, and McCullum responds in confusion.
- It's hinted that Geoffrey may have extremely high mesmerism resistance, if not outright immunity.
- "About McCullum's Mesmerize Resistance, considering that the more resistant citizens in the game are a solid 10, I believe it is fair to say Geoffrey is "above 10". But it could also be fair to say that, because of his training - and maybe a few trinkets he owns as the leader of [Priwen] - he has gained an immunity, more than an uncanny resistance. When you listen carefully to what McCullum says, he is not [totally ignorant] concerning magic and rituals: "Such oaths can bind you with forces beyond your comprehension, blood drinker", he says when Jonathan asks him [for] a few drops of King Arthur's blood."
- Geoffrey and Jonathan stand at the same height of around 6'2" (189cm).
- "About McCullum's Mesmerize Resistance, considering that the more resistant citizens in the game are a solid 10, I believe it is fair to say Geoffrey is "above 10". But it could also be fair to say that, because of his training - and maybe a few trinkets he owns as the leader of [Priwen - he has gained an immunity, more than an uncanny resistance. When you listen carefully to what McCullum says, he is not [totally ignorant] concerning magic and rituals: "Such oaths can bind you with forces beyond your comprehension, blood drinkers", he says when Jonathan asks him [for] a few drops of King Arthur's blood.]
- "Geoffrey and Jonathan are about the same size: around 6'2". Animators and Character Artsts chose those sizes to give those two good stature and good stance in fight and dialogues."